How to Cope with Depression in 7 (Mostly) Manageable Steps
1. Get up. If you are able to, just try to get up and out of your comfortable position.
2. Brush your teeth if you haven’t yet that day.
3. If you are able to, bathe. Start fresh. Clean your skin, your hair, your mouth. Apply lotion. Put on soft, clean clothes.
4. What do you need? If you are hungry, make yourself something simple. If you want to cry, let it out. If you need to talk, call someone. Speak.
5. What’s something you’re putting off? Is putting it off making you anxious? If you are able to, do it. Even a small part. That is your only responsibility in this moment.
6. Now celebrate! You did it, however small. You have earned a reward.
7. If you are able to say, “I did it. I got through the day.” you did.